TutorVista is the leading player in the online tutoring space. Join us and work for a rapidly growing company with immense possibilities for career advancement. With an online teaching job, you get to do what you enjoy doing - teaching and sharing your knowledge with students online.
Benefits of Online Teaching
- Work from the comfort of your home
- Flexible work hours
- Earn an extra income
- Help international students with their curriculum
- Great opportunity to hone your international teaching skills
- Learn new technology standards
Requirements for TutorVista's Online Teaching Job
- Be a post graduate in your subject.
- You need to have a computer and a Broadband connection.
- Work for minimum 4 hours a day.
- Learn new tools and technologies that are being used in online teaching space.
Tutor Success Stories: Read what some of our tutor's say about being an online tutor
- Hemalatha Nithin Kumar: Working from home as an Online Tutor, I am thoroughly enjoying doing this job. This is a job, which gives me utmost satisfaction in kind of work I am doing. Read more
- Rajeshwari: More than 15 years of teaching experience, at this stage I was introduced to TutorVista and I found a new world of opportunities and challenges confronted me. Successfully facing the e-challenges and coming out with flying colours. Read more
- Ramya Tadikonda: I feel proud to be associated with TutorVista. I had worked in content development earlier, but here I get a chance to teach students - something which I enjoy doing. The best part is there is absolutely no commute and I get to learn so many new things everyday.
- Dr Arun Behra: I have been a part of TutorVista.com for over a month and a half. During the short stint, I have found TutorVista.com to be an innovative concept. It makes the distance smaller, is exciting and enjoyable. Now I am so impressed by this that I am goading my wife who is an MA.M.phil in English to join TutorVista.com.
1. You are hiring tutors for what subjects and grades?
TutorVista is currently recruiting tutors for Math, English, Physics, Statistics, Chemistry and Biology streams. However, you can apply for other subjects also and we will get in touch with you in case we have a requirement at a future date.
Our tutoring covers all grades from the Kindergarten to the undergraduate level. We have vacancies across all grades and subjects.
2. Can it be done part-time and flexible hours?
Yes, we have openings for both part-time and full-time tutors. We are currently offering you the choice of working for 4 to 9 hours a day. These hours are pre-scheduled and committed and cannot be done on a freelance or ad hoc basis. With prior notice, you can change the timings/subjects to suit your availability.
3. What is the average session duration and do I get the same student every time?
Normally the sessions are of 45 minutes duration. Usually for each subject, the student will get the same tutor. Only when the tutor is not available, we schedule the student with a different tutor. This ensures continuity for the student as well as the tutor and makes learning more effective.
4. What are the disadvantages or problems with this job?
- Most of the teaching happens during evening/night time hours - US and UK timings.
- Tutoring is a serious activity and requires commitment. We do not have openings for ad hoc or floating tutors.
5. What are the minimum qualifications/Experience/Skills required?
We expect tutors to have a Master's in their subject and some experience in teaching. For certain grades and subjects a graduate degree in the subject and an additional degree in education also will be accepted. We may take exceptional candidates with a strong academic record, especially Engineers, as trainee tutors without prior teaching experience. Familiarity with computers and good English communication skills are mandatory.
6. What is the computer specifications and connectivity I need to become an online tutor?
- High speed Internet access (ISDN, DSL, a cable modem or faster connection)
- Windows PC with Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
- At least 256mb RAM, and a Pentium 3 or faster processor
- Speakers and a microphone (Or headset and microphone? Speakers tend to cause feedback.)
- Microsoft Word
- Digital Pen and Pad
7. What are the duties and responsibilities of a tutor?
- Understand the student's needs and objectives
- Prepare a personalized learning program with the help of TutorVista tools and resources
- Provide quality online tutoring to all students using all the tools and your own skills and knowledge
- Be abreast with TutorVista policies and the code of conduct
- Participate in the TutorVista training and development sessions
- Read and respond to all communication from TutorVista
- Be available at the agreed times for sessions and inform in advance in case of any change in availability
- Work on building a world-class service offering with the TutorVista team
8. What type of training will I receive?
You will receive training on computer usage, technology tools used for online tutoring, basics of online tutoring, communication skills, familiarization of TutorVista content and methodology and the US curriculum and syllabus for various grades. The duration will vary depending on the training needs but will typically span over 7 days covering 35 hours of work.
There will be trial sessions with our trainers and other tutors
Thank you for your interest in TutorVista. We have tried to answer the most frequently asked questions about our tutor program in this section. If you have any further questions, please email your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to answer them.
Please send us your resume to email@example.com and we will take the process further.